- Client: Sustainable Transport Division
- Location: Mayo / Waterford, Ireland
- Value: Confidential
We undertook a Cycling Infrastructure Audit of Westport & Dungarvan towns. This included, preparing and agreeing an assessment methodology, assessing future infrastructure needs, undertaking site visits, examination of compliance with standards, consultation with key stakeholders and making recommendations.
We provided the following:
- An audit of cycling infrastructure currently in place, or in advanced construction, in each of the Smarter Travel Areas of Westport and Dungarvan
- Confirmation that cycling infrastructure inspected has been delivered to a high standard in terms of design and construction and is in compliance with the recommendations contained in the National Transport Authority’s “National Cycle Manual”
- Make recommendations to DTT&S and the relevant LA where it is considered that remedial works are required to bring cycling infrastructure completed or in an advanced stage of construction to compliance with standards.
- Recommendations on the future delivery of infrastructure under the STA programme from a cyclist viewpoint